Sunday, 08 December 2013
- Presidential candidates declare hunger strike
- Abkhazian President and Russian Ambassador honoured the memory of victims of August war
- Russian General killed in Syria
- Leonid Tibilov believes Ossetia will unite within Russia
- Cossack squads will deal with illegal immigrants
- Armenia invites presidents of all CSTO countries to take part in KSOR joint exercises
- US blame Assad for Annan's resignation
- Kabardino-Balkaria is preparing to the "Caucasian Games"
- Georgian CEC starts registration of observers at parliamentary election
- New presidential candidate in Armenia
- A Latvian serviceman deceased after military exercises in Georgia
- Barack Obama has allowed the CIA to help Syrian opposition
- Penn Schoen Berland: "Georgian Dream" leaves the ruling party behind
- Dispute between Armenia and Georgia around the brand "Cradle of Wine"
- Arrest of Merabishvili - last chance for "United National Movement?"
- "The prison scandal": to be continued?
- Not United National Movement
Arrest of Merabishvili - last chance for "United National Movement?"
The arrest of one of the leading candidates for the presidency from the "United National Movement" Vano Merabishvili has caused a mixed reaction in the community. Experts say that a lot will depend on the decision of the court. If Merabishvili is condemned under "controversial" articles, then the version of political persecution of Saakashvili's supporters on the side of the leaders of the "Georgian Dream" gets additional arguments. So what is now happening in Georgia: the restoration of justice or the persecution of political opponents?
Wahhabis have appeared in Georgia?
Near Tbilisi, in the village of Ponichala-Soganlugi densely populated by Azerbaijanis, the construction of a new mosque has started. It has become a bone of contention between local Azerbaijanis, dividing the population into good and bad, into the Shia, Sunni or Salafi. Many believe that Wahhabis are constructing it. Why some residents are convinced that the new mosque is the abode of evil, and what is Wahhabism in their opinion?2013-05-28 17:15
Copyright © 2013. GeorgiaTimes.info - News: Georgia today. All Rights Reserved. firstname.lastname@example.org