- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
The spring of political peace2010-03-22 22:51
It has been long since the Tbilisians saw a peaceful spring like that in the terms of political activity, not the weather. It has become a tradition that the oppositional activity in Georgia starts as soon as spring comes. The experts are joking: they call the spring political activity just a "spring exacerbation". There are no meetings or protest actions in Tbilisi streets. Is it a lull before the storm or the people's disappointment in all the political powers?
Most probably, both things are possible. First, the citizens of the Georgian capital are very much tired of the endless political agitation that is not going to do much good. Secondly, everyone is waiting for the coming local elections. The opposition has neither got united, nor has named any candidate for the post of mayor, nor has revealed any definite political and economical program. The only thing the people of the country can do, being constantly shaken with the crises, is to watch the events silently.
The actions of the authorities that are often beyond the reach of reason (for instance, the recent Imedi broadcast on the staged war with Russia) make the society completely perplexed. However, the opposition does not yield to the authorities neither in ambitions, nor in the damaging information against each other, nor in their fantasies.
Today morning, Georgian political expert Soso Tsintsadze even made a comment that the opposition is never going to unite. According to the Georgian media, Tsintsadze stated that each oppositional force is making its own way and has got its own plans concerning the assumption of power. According to Tsintsadze, the opposition has not got any definite plan, according to which it will struggle with the country's government. He says that whatever the government is, it has always got an opportunity to win the elections if the right strategy and tactics has been developed, which is exactly what the opposition is lacking today.
Today, the Georgian media revealed the information that a notorious oppositionist, a candidate for presidency at the 2008 elections, an activist of the last year wave of disobedience and leader of the Protect Georgia oppositional movement Levan Gachechiladze is not going to take part in the mayoral elections. He was one of the most active oppositionist during the last-year spring confrontation with the authorities. His brother, singer Utsnobi (Georgiy Gachechiladze) used to gather multi-thousand audience with the Ward No.5 reality show. The political reality show in which he takes part is aired live on television by Maestro oppositional TV channel. However, last spring brought no good to the oppositionists.