- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
European gambit2010-05-20 10:13
The middlemen from European Union, OSCE and UN have visited Georgia. These visits mean active preparation to another round of Geneva discussions concerning the safety in the Caucasus. Tbilisi reckons to take revenge for the failure: all Georgia's attempts to boycott Russia at the international level and exclude it from PACE have failed. Now Tbilisi hopes that the European Parliament will announce the occupation of Georgia. Meanwhile, the experts share an opinion that not only Europe will turn its back on the unpredictable Georgian government but the West as well, which is so loyal to the "color revolutions". Today, even the Republican Senator John McCain, a well-known lobbyist of
Georgia who lost the latest presidential elections criticized Barack Obama because of Georgia.
After the "reload" in the relationship between US and Russia, Georgia ceased being America's favourite. This fact has been stated not only by the Georgian oppositionists and analysts but the foreign analysts as well. Thus, the issue of entering into NATO is no longer discussed as enthusiastically as before. The integration with Europe is a much more popular subject of today's discussions. One of these days, President of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili has stated that the Georgian authorities will go on with their line of rapprochement with Europe. This has been stated in the course of the debates on the topic of "The future of Europe and European integration of Georgia", LigaBusinessInform reports.
Tbilisi hopes that despite the open rapprochement with Russia (Tbilisi was indignant at Heidi Tagliavini's report and the selling of Russian Mistral - author), the Europeans will somehow support Georgia. One of these days, the Georgian media rejoiced at the fact that Georgia will be for the first time mentioned as an occupied territory in the document of the European Parliament during the session on Thursday. Abkhazia and Tskhinvalskiy region will be for the first time mentioned as the "occupied territories" in the report prepared by the European Parliament on the South Caucasus. This has been stated by Georgian Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary Ambassador to European Union and Benelux countries Salome Samadashvili; she also added that the document gives a detailed overview of the situation in Georgia. According to Samadashvili, the report made by the European Parliament stresses the fact that the territories of Georgia have been occupied and European Union must bear more pressure upon Russia in order to de-occupy the territories of Georgia. At the same time, according to the Georgian media, Samadashvili fears lest certain political groups should try to water down the report.