- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
Tbilisi set to take revenge on international arena2010-06-04 09:27
Georgia's ruling party has considerably outdone its rivals at the local election. The results are more or less the same throughout all Georgia. Despite the defeat acknowledged by part of the opposition, its radical branch continues their struggle for the change of power. Georgian media report on realignment of forces in the ranks of the opposition. How greatly will the opposition influence the country's political processes and will authorities start a new confrontation with Russia?
The experts, who foretold victory of the ruling party because of the opposition's disability to come to an agreement, think that the opponents to authorities are not ready to set up a unique front, and consequently they won't be able to push through any important issue. Soso Tsiskarishvili, President of the Club of Independent Experts remarks the opposition is not ready to get united, and so far the authorities are elated with victory. "Only three mandates for majority districts were granted to the opposition in Georgia, other 99,9% were grabbed by the ruling party. When the budget hunger begins and all social and economic problems the authorities keep failing to resolve are denuded then authorities will fight for part of privileged terms for themselves at
the time of concession making with the opposition. Only then will such a format be viable. Before that such a union will be scarcely efficient but still necessary", - Tsiskarishvili is quoted on Caucasian Knot.
For the time being the authorities are overjoyed. State minister for reintegration Temuri Yakobashvili has gone to Brussels planning to tell EU representatives about "new models of restoration of Georgia's territorial integrity". The same topic will be brought up by Mikheil Saakashvili on his meeting with Nicolas Sarkozy in Paris. Now Mikheil Nikolayevich is on a trip to Romania discussing a new gas project to transport Azerbaijani gas to Europe via the territory of Georgia. Romania that openly claims influence over Moldavia, with an ethnic conflict still there, liberally criticizes Moscow. As Georgian media report Romanian President Trayan Besesku stated that Romania does not favor Russia-proposed treaty on European security calling Moscow to pull troops out of Georgia. "I would like to emphasize that Kosovo recognition cannot serve as a precedent for Georgia. The NATO summit will take place soon, and we are well aware of Georgia's aspirations. Our position remains unaltered. I'm sure Georgia will become a NATO member but I can't tell the exact date right now", - Trayan Besesku is quoted on GHN.