- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
Sukhum designer talking about high fashion and New Year2011-01-04 13:08
The Caucasus is a mixing point of various cultures. Very often, members of one family are of different nationalities. Rusudan Kobyakova has got a Russian father and a Georgian mother; she is a Muslim married to an Abkhaz. She told us the way her Abkhaz relatives are going to see the New Year in, which of the Georgian meals should be put on the table and what Russian Muslims like to put on for the New Year party.
By the way, Rusudan has got a Muslim name - Jamilya. She took this name after she adopted Islam but her relatives still call her Rusiko.
She is one of the most successful designers of Muslim clothes in Russia and definitely knows how Russian ladies practicing Muslim should be dressed for the New Year party. Her Al-Magrib collection was presented during the Russian Fashion Week (RFW) this autumn. For Rusudan, it is her graduation work in Vyacheslav Zaytsev's Fashion Laboratory and for the Russian fashion world, it is a bright opening of the season.
Her collection received not only special praise from experts but also invitations to other prestigious fashion shows. Recently, Rusudan won the "Autumn seasons in Sochi" contest for young designers, took part in the Islamic Clothes international competition where she was awarded for the best design and advanced thinking; she also visited a fashion show in Perm. She says jokingly that she lives at the Domodedovo airport: to get to Kazan, Perm or any other location, she has to fly from Abkhazia where she lives now to Moscow and continue her trip from there.
So, what's best to put on for the New Year party for a Muslim woman?
- One should work on one's own taste. It means a lot for the one who wants to look good. You can wear very expensive clothes but if you lack taste and a sense of style you will look grotesque... No matter what style or clothes is most fashionable, you should wear something comfortable. Following the canons of your belief, you should wear what you like and what makes you feel comfortable.
New Year is not celebrated by canonic Muslims but since we live in a country where it is customary to celebrate this holiday, many Muslim women keep to the tradition, attending corporate parties and festive events for children and it is very important for these women to look beautiful and bright on the New Year night. In this season, eclecticism is welcome at the runways: long evening gowns are combined with man-style coats, which always looks attractive and original. An evening gown can be worn with a silk jacket with overlong sleeves, elegant shoes and a sparkling clutch. You can also use unconventional combinations, such as a maxi-skirt or a pants-skirt worn with a dress coat; a bright bow-tie will reduce formality and large size accessories will match your outfit perfectly - a ring, for instance.
Rusudan has no intention to design clothes for mass consumption; she is planning to produce the second line of her brand Rusiko by Jamilya in the prêt-a-porte de lux segment.
Her basic occupation is to make haut couture creative collections using much handwork and expensive natural fabrics and lace. A collection in the style of Caucasian national costume will apparently be one of the new ones.