- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
Burjanadze: the U.S. Ambassador gave carte blanche to inadequate Saakashvili2011-06-24 13:51
One of the Georgian opposition leaders, Nino Burjanadze said that the U.S. Ambassador to Georgia John Bass prompted the authorities to take violent action against protesters during rally held in Tbilisi in late May.
"Working here as a ambassador, such seasoned diplomat must understand, that the inadequate Georgian leadership will perceive his statement not as it would be perceived in a normal country" - VZGLYAD reported the words of Burjanadze regarding
the Bass's statement before the dispersal of an oppositional rally on May 26.
"This statement became carte blanche on the stiffness for President Mikhail Saakashvili" - she added.
Earlier, the former State Minister for Reintegration of Georgia, Giorgi Khaindrava called on the U.S. ambassador in Tbilisi John Bass to retire.
Khaindrava underlined that the diplomat has completely compromised himself by supporting the actions of the Georgian authorities to disperse an opposition rally on the night of 25 to 26 May. "You have to leave Georgia at least, because with your support the criminal regime drowned in blood the desire of Georgian citizens live in a free country" - Khaindrava addressed to Bass with an open letter.
According to him, Bass had
already lost the confidence of the Georgian people, and it can be lost as well, by the United States. Khaindrava is sure that the population of the country "does not want to see further, the American model of democracy, which is based on violence, lies and immorality in Georgia".
Earlier, one of the leaders of the Labour Party of Georgia Kakha Dzagania said that it was the statement of Bass before the beginning of bloody events on Rustaveli Avenue on the night of 25 to 26 May, which actually gave an indulgence for the Georgian authorities and allowed them to take the most drastic measures to the participants of protest actions of "National Assembly". "Statement by John Bass was the detonator of the bloody night of May 26" - he said.
Recall, the tragic events in Tbilisi took place on the night of May 26 this year, when police with rubber bullets and tear gas dispersed a protest of the "National Assembly" in the center of Tbilisi. As a result, two people were killed and more than 100 people were detained.