- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
Ivanishvili attacks Saakashvili2012-02-10 17:31
January 9, Georgian billionaire and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili and his supporters - representatives of the opposition, public figures and human rights activists - layed the banner with Saakashvili image and trampled it down, Lenta.ru reported.
According to REGNUM, the action in memory of Zurab Vazagashvili, deseased in 2006, was held in Tbilisi yesterday. Zurab Vazagashvili and Alexander Khubulov were killed in May 2006 during police operation to arrest individuals suspected of criminal activity. According to the Interior Ministry, the gang was preparing to commit holdup of one of Tbilisi family. During the operation they had used weapons. In turn, human rights activists, opposition parties, the Ombudsman of Georgia questioned the legality of police actions and repeatedly urged the authorities to investigate the case. April 20, 2007, a preliminary investigation was terminated due to the fact that according to the Interior Ministry, "the police had not an abused authority during the arrest of
"I want to express my condolences to Zurab Vazagashvili's father - Yuri. Zurab Vazagashvili was victim of Saakashvili's violence policies ... Butha (Amiran) Robakidze, Sandro Girgvliani ... Zurab Vazagashvili was the last straw", Ivanishvili stated at the action, according to "Georgia News".
Bidzina Ivanishvili appealed to the President of Georgia and emphasized that such violent policy has no future. "I want to appeal to Saakashvili and to tell him that he cannot put in jail the whole Georgia, he cannot keep the entire country at bay", the oligarch said and urged Mikhail Saakashvili to immediately begin investigation and to punish those responsible.
"I demand Saakashvili to return into the legal field and to say good-bye to his desire to remain any serious position", said Ivanishvili. "In this case we'd be able to forgive the mistakes that he committed for many years. He would save an opportunity to remain the citizen". The businessman believes that the president should reconsider his view of things as soon as possible.
"We'll surely restore justice in Georgia. We can do those things that you aren't able to do now, but you will be punished very severely. All in good time ... I understand the feelings of the public of Georgia very well. Almost every citizen feels the pressure now", Ivanishvili said.
In conclusion, Ivanishvili urged the public not to treat to all the Georgian police negatively, since there were a lot of decent people serving in its ranks. But Saakashvili's illegal orders, according to the businessman, is conducted by only about 50 people.
In addition, on Thursday, Ivanishvili met with mother of 19-year-old Amiran Robakidze, died on November 23, 2004 - Iya Metreveli.