- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
Iranian spy? Come on, Goodbye!2012-07-06 18:35
Azerbaijani authorities have accused the editor of the newspaper "Voice of the Talysh" Gilal Mamedov of spying for Iran, inciting ethnic hatred and links with drug trafficking. In Russia, Mamedov's name has become known through the video "Come on, goodbye", but in Azerbaijan his name was known even earlier. Mamedov is well-known public figure, defending the rights of the Talysh population. His predecessor as editor in chief and the namesake Novruzali Mamedov died in prison, being sentenced for spying for Iran. The case of Gilal Mamedov is long and complicated question. Talysh scholar and political analyst Fakhraddin Abbaszoda told GTimes about this.
- Azerbaijani authorities have called Gilal Mammadov the Iranian spy. Some media call the Talysh a fifth column of Iran.
- This is blatant lie. Azerbaijani authorities are specially propagating this opinion in the West and in Israel. Of course, there are advocates of Iranian theocracy among the Talyshs. In general they are the radical Islamists. Talyshs are Iranian people, the Persians are our blood relatives. But the Talyshs and the Iranians are quite different. Talyshs are more modern, European-oriented culture.
- Tell us about the previous editor in chief Novruzali Mamedov. As far as we know, he also suffered for espionage.
- Novruzali Mamedov was in Iran once in a lifetime, in May 2004, together with me. After returning from Iran Novruzali was accused of spying for Iran, disobedience to the police; he was kept in complete isolation for 17 days. The investigation looked for a "witness" of his espionage activities for a long time. Then they found a person, a former executive secretary of the "Voice of the Talysh". This man claimed that he had received some money from Iran and then handed Novruzali some small amounts of money. You understand, any person can be caught on the street and made say what you want. There is no evidence of the transfer of Iranian money: neither video, nor the money itself, nor pictures or a witness. However, despite the prooflessness of charges, Novruzali Mammadov died in Azerbaijani prison. More precisely, he was killed. Persecution of Gilal Mamedov is being carried out according to exactly the same scenario. However, now distribution of drugs was added to the charges of espionage.
- As we know, you know Gilal for many years. Could he have been engaged in drug trafficking?