- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
Zakharov: Burjanadze is more popular than Ivanishvili2012-08-13 19:16
Former Acting President of Georgia Nino Burjanadze stated, her party "Democratic Movement - United Georgia" will not participate in the parliamentary election on October 1. According to Burjanadze, this action is caused by the following. First, in today's Georgia free election is impossible. Second, the participation of "Democratic Movement" will split the votes of the opposition-minded voters. Burjanadze called on citizens to vote for other opposition leaders. The action of opposition leader was a puzzle for political scientists. Vladimir Zakharov, director of the Institute of the Black Sea-Caspian Region helped GTimes to unravel it.
- Nino Burjanadze stated about the non-participation of her party in parliamentary election, sincec it would damage the positions of other opposition movements. What does this Burjanadze's action mean?
- Her official non-participation in election should show her "anti-Russian" position. If the "National Assembly" would have participated in election in a separate list, the party would have been considered a disguised "fifth column" in Moscow. And it does not correspond to reality. Burjanadze has never been never pro. She is an experienced politician and a very cautious woman. As an experienced politician and an intelligent person, she sees well: everyone is tired of Mishiko in Georgia and abroad. As I said before, America was dissatisfied with him in 2008. Saakashvili is still in power, because the U.S. has no one to replace him.
- In your opinion, what will be further Burjanadze's actions inside Georgia?
- In difficult conditions Georgia needs multi-directional strategy. Saakashvili tolerates no opposition. He is watching with great interest in anticipation of Nino Burjanadze's mistake. Any miss, even the smallest - and Givi Targamadze thugs take Burjanadze to prison, where she will sign any recognition of high treason, espionage, whatever. Mishiko has not got to Nino, but he's actively putting pressure on her people.
- Nino Burjanadze has rather interesting relationship with Bidzina Ivanishvili. There is an interesting situation: he is prepared to block her party, but not her personally. Why is it so?
- Bidzina Ivanishvili wants to be autocratic ruler of Georgia. He does not want Nino compete with him, because it would take away votes. That is for sure. If he is going to run for presidency alone, it does not happen, but if paired with Nino, Ivanishvili definitely loses. Burjanadze is more popular in Georgia than the leader of "Georgian Dream".
- Why do you think so?
- Burjanadze does not have that much money like Ivanishvili. She has political experience. She is in the Georgian political development much longer than Ivanishvili, she can influence the Georgian electorate more subtly.
Nino's strength is not in the money but in her bright charisma and remarkable political experience. Nino Burjanadze skillfully maneuvered from one camp to another and managed to survive as a politician. She has found a common language with Vladimir Putin. Of course, Saakashvili and his supporters took it as a betrayal of national interests. Those Georgians who were dissatisfied with Saakashvili believed that if Putin takes Burjanadze, then he takes her and the interests of the Georgian people into consideration. And Burjanadze listened to this, said something in reply, but she thought quite another inside herself. Only she knows what she really thinks. None of the Georgian politician honestly expresses his view. It is not in the rules of big politics.
- Honesty may be dangerous to Nino Burjanadze?