- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
Refugees storm Ivanishvili2012-11-06 17:02
After the parliamentary election protest activities of the population in Georgia intensified. One of the first who started vigorously asserting their rights were the refugees. Over the past few weeks, they have illegally occupied 46 different buildings and are not going to leave them until the state provides them with a living space. Their actions raise a lot of questions, most of which are as follows: who is behind the mass unauthorized occupation of the premises? And is it true that the actions of refugees were caused by desperate position, or someone has decided to grab an extra living space on the "protest wave"?
Over the past few weeks, the reports about the capture of different buildings by the refugees have become perhaps the most current news on all information portals. According to Davit Darakhvelidze, Minister of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees, to date, about 1600 refugees have illegally occupied various 46 objects. Minister claims to know the names of those who took part in this action.
"Currently, the relevant Committee is clarifying the situation of these families. Simultaneously, the investigation is being carried out, since we have reason to believe there are specific individuals who are trying to cash in on the suffering of others. All the signs of a criminal offense are obvious. Addressing of refugees' problems cannot happen soon; and speeding up of the addressing by such actions as storming the buildings won't bring the desired result", says Dawit Darakhvelidze.
"Today there is a massive invasion of refugee into facilities of both public and private sector. This has acquired such a scale and such organization that it becomes obvious that someone is behind this. All this is no accident and needs immediate investigation", Bidzina Ivanishvili made such a statement the other day in the Parliament.
A film director Keti Dolidze, who is extremely outraged by the actions of refugees, explicitly states that supporters of the "National Movement" are behind these actions.
Indeed, why they are sure that they will get away with it? The new government is only taking up the duties, but it has promised that everyone receives housing - maybe that's enough to occupy as much place as possible, taking advantage of the status of a refugee? One might believe this, but the fact is that the acts of capture are too well organized. For example, who do the refugees become aware of empty floor in a building?
Chairman of the public movement "Solidarity" Dawit Tsiramua told GTimes about the situation with illegal actions of the refugees.
- The main purpose of our government is to improve those sectors of society that are most in need of social protection. This is especially relevant for the refugees. The new government works only a week, and the refugees undertook illegal activities. We fully agree with those refugees who are really in need of social protection, and first of all raise the question about them. But in today's environment, when the new government is not yet aware of all matters, I dare to suggest that old forces are behind these actions. Someone consciously and deliberately creates such a situation. And we want to appeal to those refugees who are now in a very difficult situation and tell them - this is not the way out. The doors are open, do not break them. We urge all of them not to act willfully. We need a civic responsibility and transparency in our actions. Otherwise we cannot build a law society.
- As far as I know, all of these buildings, occupied by the refugees, are empty not for the first year. Why they have decided to occupy them only now? Why do they feel impunity and permissiveness?