- Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans 2015-05-29 00:16
- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
"The prison scandal": to be continued?2013-05-27 17:39
Why do the inmates continue dying in Georgian prisons? Whether it is connected with the intention of the criminal world to restore institution of "beholder" in penitentiary facilities? Two prisoners in the last few days have died under mysterious circumstances in one place - Kutaisi prison. Ministry of Corrections, Office of Public Prosecutor and the Ombudsman of Georgia have already connected to the investigation.
Inmates of Georgian prisons are dying in prisons under mysterious circumstances. A few days ago in Kutaisi prison, one of the prisoners was found hanged. As they say, his cellmates found him dead in his cell after returning from a walk. The official version is a suicide.
Within a few days, another prisoner died. And again in Kutaisi prison. At first Ministry of Corrections put forward a version that he had rolled down the stairs and hit his head, from which he died. However, later it became known that the man's body, under the "code" name L.K., had traces of head and face injuries, as well as the body injuries. In short, he was beaten to death. After that, the corrections department spread a report saying that L.K. died as a result of a conflict between the prisoners. According to authorities, the prisoner received medical care both in prison medical unit and in the hospital, but he died without regaining consciousness.
"The prison scandal" that broke out in Georgia before the parliamentary election in 2012, when there was published footage of torture and abuse of prisoners, was, according to experts, one of the main reasons for the defeat of the "United National Movement" in the election. Main thesis of Ivanishvili's coalition during the campaign was the protection of dignity of people and justice in the country, including the creation of normal conditions for the prisoners. But even today, prisoners continue dying in prison. Perhaps less than under the previous government, but the problem of the loss of life in the correction facilities is still relevant today.
Many associate the latest facts with attempts to restore the institution of "beholder" in Georgian prisons - crime boss who settles the disputes in jail and punishes the guilty if necessary. Also, the "beholder" is in charge of so-called "obshchak" and solves a variety of financial issues.
Experts still consider the low level of transparency one of the main problems of Georgian prisons. As stated by legal expert Lia Mukhashavria in an interview to GeorgiaTimes, she also has information about attempts of the criminal world to return the "post" of "beholder" in the prisons, but it is almost impossible to verify this information.
- The confrontation between inmates occurs constantly, but the prison administration exists to prevent similar incidents. A very sad fact took place - a young man was killed. Therefore, the prison administration should take preventive measures.
- What do you mean by preventive measures?
- The administration must possess information between whom of the prisoners a conflict may occur, who cannot be put in one cell, etc. As far as I know, investigation is underway, and investigation should establish the share of the blame of the prison administration for the tragedy.
- It was reported that the criminal world was trying to return the institution of "beholder" in the prisons, and the recent conflicts are connected with this fact.