- Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax 2015-05-27 22:50
- DOD Admits Supporting ISIS, Buffer Zones In Syria 2015-05-27 12:59
- Chinese State Paper Warns “War Will Be Inevitable” Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute 2015-05-26 23:46
- ISIS Planning US Nuclear Attack In Next 12 Months: Report 2015-05-25 21:57
- DIA Docs: West Wants a “Salafist Principality in Eastern Syria" 2015-05-25 21:34
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US “Created” ISIS As A “Tool” To Overthrow Syria’s President Assad 2015-05-25 21:20
- George Soros Warns "No Exaggeration" That China-US On "Threshold Of World War 3 2015-05-22 23:27
- Obama gives $1.9 billion in weapons as welcome gift to Israel 2015-05-22 23:19
Even If Patriot Act Expires, Government Will Keep Spying On All Americans2015-05-29 00:16
Mass surveillance under the Patriot Act is so awful that even its author says that the NSA has gone far beyond what the Act intended (and that the intelligence chiefs who said Americans aren’t being spied on should be prosecuted for perjury).
Specifically, the government is using a “secret interpretation” of the Patriot Act which allows the government to commit mass surveillance on every American.
So it’s a good thing that the Patriot Act may expire, but don’t get too excited …
Wikileaks’ Julian Assange said today:
Our sources say that the NSA is not too concerned, that it has secret interpretations of other authorities that give it much the same power that it would have had under the secret interpretation of 215 and other areas of the USA PATRIOT Act.
Indeed, the government now uses secret evidence, secret witnesses, secret interpretations, and even secret laws. See this and this.
High-level NSA whistleblower Thomas Drake told us:
It’s not rule of law. This secret law, secret rule, executive authoritarianism has saddled up again.
Under international human rights law, secret “law” doesn’t even qualify as “law” at all.