- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Bagapsh as a nuisance to somebody2009-05-25 13:32
Abkhaz opposition pursues discreditation campaign against the leader of the republic. Several political forces that emerged from nowhere have condemned the transfer of Sukhum airport and Abkhazian railway to the Russian companies. Sergey Bagapsh's opponents did not appreciate the president's efforts in preserving ownership of the major facilities referring to people's discontent over "the danger to be taken over by Russia".
Fears that Abkhazia will be virtually absorbed by Russia are getting stronger in the republic, Nezavisimaya Gazeta writes specifying that over the recent days several oppositional statements have been made public in Sukhum to express concern over Sergey Bagapsh's individual decision-making in matters crucial for the country and its people.
At a press conference a few days ago the head of the republic stated about Abkhazia's plans to transfer Abkhazian railway and Sukhum airport to Russia for the period of 10 years. "This is not a sale, it's transfer for temporary management", - he emphasized aware of the delicacy of the issue on Abkhaz real property inside the country. Bagapsh made a special reservation that "all air navigation, electronics and air traffic control equipment remains the property of the state, while all backup infrastructure - hotels, warehouses will be given to private entrepreneurs". Remarkably, the possibility of the airport transfer to a foreign company has long been on the agenda. Information on an investment project for reconstruction of the facility was published on the president's official site a few months ago. However it's only now that this idea has stirred up supposed defenders of Abkhazia's interests.