- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
South Ossetia to be cut off from Russia by November 12009-09-10 15:18
The validity period of the simplified border crossing procedure is prolonged up to November 1. The procedure was established immediately after the August tragedy in order to facilitate the humanitarian mission. Now, being a truly independent state, South Ossetia is ready to enhance control over the movement across the border.
Tskhinval is going to leave the border half-open until November. After that, Russian constructors will have to enter South Ossetia as a separate state. This decision was taken on September 8 at a meeting in Nizhniy Zaramag, which was attended by the government and parliamentary representatives, the Russian Ambassador, as well as the heads of emergency situations ministries, customs authorities and frontier services of both states. The main topic for discussion was the issue of the temporary border crossing procedure for humanitarian freights and goods necessary for those who have suffered from the Georgian aggression. This fact was stated to IA Res by Minister of Economic Development of South Ossetia Alexander Zhmaylo.
"After the August tragedy, South Ossetia and Russian Federation faced an urgent task of providing a quick and easy access of humanitarian goods and freights to the territory of the republic. This procedure was designed and has been working for a year; it was due to this procedure, as well as due to the efforts of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations and customs and frontier services that the most urgent and pressing problems of providing the population with essential goods were solved", - the official reminded.
Now, according to him, "this temporary procedure is no longer effective and is not needed, in fact". Moreover, it "contradicts a number of legislative acts in the customs, banking and currency fields". According to Zhmaylo, now it is necessary to enhance the process of dwelling reconstruction and increase the construction volumes, which means that the old scheme of the contractors' entrance into the republic will not work properly.