- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Saakashvili owning arsenic, monopoly and more…2010-09-17 16:09
Since 2004, Mikheil Saakashvili has been taking active control of corruption, positioning himself as unmercenary. However, rumors that Georgian president has soundly increased his capital within the last six years are again flooding the media. For instance, Laborite Giorgy Gugava came out with a statement that Mishiko and his henchmen are holding control of almost all the strategically important branches in the country. GeorgiaTimes correspondent tried to find out the details from the Labor Party secretary general.
This August, inflation has reached the highest peak of 9,5 percent; only 227 million dollars instead of the stated 1 billion have been applied under investment plan. Georgia goes 93rd in the rating of the states' competitiveness, staggering behind the majority of the post-Soviet countries. Being 11th among the 15 republics, which list is bottomed by Uzbekistan and Kirghizia torn by civil strife, is an impressing result. Nevertheless, according to the Laborites, Mikheil Saakashvili's family has got no money troubles, keeping a check on a number of businesses.
For instance, in 2008, the currently disgraced former Minister of Defense Irakly Okruashvili accused the Georgian president of possessing at least two billion dollars, considering the fact that his country's annual budget for the period amounted to the same figure. Okruashvili confessed that Saakashvili had acquired Rustavi-2 TV company through affiliated persons, as well as a mobile operator's stock and a number of other companies. Today, Georgia's annual budget is about 4 billion dollars but Mishiko's revenue has evidently grown significantly as well.
Today, the oppositionists reveal new secrets about the property owned by the Georgian president and his family. Mikheil Saakashvili partially owns the Madneuli mining and processing enterprise: according to the papers, the share has been registered for Mishiko's uncle Temur Alasania and a Russian businessman Sergey Generalov who is rumored to be an officer of KGB of the USSR but since the family has got common budget the Georgian leader need not worry about a spare piece of shashlik dressed with adjika sauce.
The clan also holds control over the oil products importer and offtaker, Sokar Georgia Petroleum Company, of which 49 percent belong to the president's brother and the remaining 51 percent belong to Azerbaijani party. Besides, Vison Company, a resource distributor, also belongs to Saakashvili's family. Behind another importer, Rompetrol, hides Vano Merabishvili, the head of the Georgian MIA and the very precious supporter who in a way helps Mishiko retain his power.