- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Saakashvili the Dissembler astride corruption2010-12-02 19:36
Perhaps, only a deaf man hasn't heard about Mikheil Saakashvili being an uncompromising fighter of corruption and official abuse of power. Yesterday, at the meeting of the committee for transport and communication policy development, president of Sakartvelo showed again that he would not stand any tricks from bureaucrats. It was the maritime administration officials who suffered from the vehement exterminator of corruption disease.
Tbilisi governor's righteous anger was induced by the European Union's refusal to recognize the Georgian system of certification of naval education: Sakartvelo sailors cannot be hired by ships flying the flag of the European Union member-countries. Mishiko was in a flying rage.
"We are dealing with the officials' irresponsibility at the very least, or, perhaps, with a crime. That's where one's incompetence and lack of skill may bring one. I do not want to think of corruption but that is an issue for the prosecutor's office to consider, - the Georgian president threatened. - We have taken a decision to dismiss all maritime administration officers. They are directly in charge of the situation in the naval sphere.
The president was echoed by Minister of Economy Bera Kobalia: "This cannot be corrected in a month or two. It will require several years. Still, the process should be started today. The first thing is to carry out personnel changes that have already been initiated, - she tried to calm down the outraged president, - it is necessary to invite EU specialists to Georgia that will help us perform the audit and give their opinion of what is to be done and how to correct the situation".
"Georgia received several letters saying that its naval administration will be possibly blacklisted; however, this information was not timely reported neither to the prime-minister, nor to the president, - Saakashvili went on fulminating at the saboteurs. - Several thousand people in the Black Sea region of the country may lose their job and income, which concerns both the sailors and their families. That will be a serious blow on the regional economy".