- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
A strike in Tkibuli started with the third “bell”2011-01-28 22:12
Georgian miners in Tkibuli refused to work today because of the arrest of two direct chiefs. They demand their release and the completion of the investigation of the third explosion in Gruzugl mines. The strikers and trade unions suspect the enterprise management of non-compliance with safety techniques, the enterprise belonging to Mikheil Saakashvili's associate, Deputy David Bezhuashvili, brother of the head of the Georgian Intelligence Service Gela Bezhuashvili.
Ten people died in Tkibuli mines over the last 10 months. Today, workers of one of the mines named after Mindeli where there was an explosion on January 22 went on a strike. They protest against the arrest of the people responsible for safety - director of a working sector Edem Sturua and deputy head of the ventilating service Georgy Devdariani. Technical director for Gruzugol (Sakhvanakhshiri) company Zaza Gordeziani confirmed that the work has been suspended.
Some of the Georgian agencies also report that the miners are blaming their colleagues for non-compliance with safety techniques. One of them died in the explosion, while the other four - Nugzar Javakhadze, Mamuli Kublashvili and Vitaliy Turzuladze are currently at Tbilisi burn center. As of January 24, three of them were still kept in intensive care. Their treatment is paid by an insurance company.
However, the information that the workers are blaming the victims for the situation was refuted by Chairman of Metallurgy and Mining Trade Union of Georgia Tamaz Dolaberidze in his interview with GeorgiaTimes. He is currently supporting the miners' protest, staying in Tkibuli. In fact, the miners are demanding that the investigation not be limited to accusations of Sturua and Devdariani but find real culprits of the third tragedy over the last 10 months. It is not small potatoes but the managers of the enterprise who should be responsible for safety.
- The reason for the strike is the violation of labour safety standards; they want all the responsible people from Sakhvanakhshiri (Gruzugol) administration to be arrested, - Dolaberidze stated.
- As far as we know, Edem Sturua and Georgy Devdariani have already been arrested there.
- The workers demand their liberation before the investigation is over and the arrest of the top management of the enterprise. This has been a third explosion within 10 months, so my point is that the administration cannot but be involved in it. Sturua and Devdariani are just the leaders of the working sections.