- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Circassians reject Tbilisi’s recognition2011-04-29 20:24
It seems the Georgian parliament seriously wants to recognize the "genocide of Circassians". Andro Gabisonia, a representative of three Circassian congresses, met with Nugzar Tsiklauri, chief of the parliamentary group of friendship with republics of North Caucasus. Gabisonia reported that almost all Circassian diasporas have adhered to the call on recognition of genocide of Circassians. The problem is that the news is Tbilisi's invention.
Let's focus on this news item first of all. It seems that recognition of "genocide of Circassians" will have a bright future in Georgian parliament with a Megrel representing Circassians. This Megrel with a Zugdidi name says that "almost all" Circassian diasporas call the country's authorities to recognize the genocide. Yet, we know that "all" do not include the Association of Circassian Organization of Turkey while this country is the world's largest diaspora of Caucasian nations. Thus, it is clear that Andro Gabisonia most probably represents some one-man groups registered in the United States. It's a secret to nobody that necessary stamps can be prepared easily if needed. So the news topic that the Georgian parliament invented is literally
dragged in. At least a Circassian should have been hired in an imaginary representation of Circassian interests in Georgia.
As we see, Tbilisi was deaf to a pressing recommendation of US president Barack Obama to halt "a new Caucasian policy" of Georgia. A couple of months ago the Central Intelligence Agency expressed a serious concern over Georgia's activities in the North Caucasian direction in its annual report. The warning was efficient for a short time. Georgian parliament is up and ready to launch the "genocide" recognition procedure.
It is wrong to say that recognition will be a special historical event. Georgia has no weight in Circassian world, and real Circassians have more important problems to solve. Let's focus on them now.