- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Conservatives will appeal against election results2009-01-06 12:55
Georgian conservatives state that a year after the presidential election of January 5 2008 no complaint related to the election has been examined by Georgia's judicial authorities that is why they declare the internal resources of claims processing exhausted and will appeal to international instances in 2009. On behalf of the Georgian opposition the conservatives demand initiation of international investigation of the presidential election.
According to the statement disseminated in connection with the anniversary of the January 5 election they were held in the atmosphere of violence and total falsification leading to substitution of real election results and illegal proclamation of Mikheil Saakashvili as the winner.
"In spite of hundreds of complaints and claims brought in the Georgian courts and organs of inquiry a year later none of these claims has been examined: no election committee member has been penalized, no falsified minute has been abolished and moreover the inquest has not even demanded any material evidence. Most of the violations were reflected in the OSCE final report without any of the recommendations to the Georgian government being followed", - the conservatives emphasize.
All this according to the opposition indicates that Georgia's government has no political will to pursue the investigation and rectify the violations committed during the election.
"There are no conditions for free and just elections in Georgia, and Mikheil Saakashvili is not a legitimate president", - the conservatives conclude pointing out that the authority's illegitimacy triggered the political crisis and last August's disastrous tragedy.
In the nearest future the Conservative party is going to make presentation of the documents that will be transferred to the international court.