- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Ukraine Obscured Georgia's Eyes2011-06-28 21:02
While the perspectives of Georgian wine on international markets are covered by a mist of uncertainty due to the problems with the distribution rights, the market of the Transcaucasian republic is successfully assaulted by one of the world's brewing giants. The Ukrainian division of SABMiller PLC, Miller Brands Ukraine, started selling two brands of the foamy drink in Tbilisi: Sarmat and Zhigulyovskoe. The appearance of the grand of the world's brewing industry threatens to cause a monopolization of the local market and to deprive the country residents of
the possibility to try the real "Zhigulyovskoe" in the foreseeable future.
The Ukrainian subsidiary of SABMiller PLC signed an agreement with the Georgian distribution chain Trade & Development on the supply of two beer brands to the local market: Sarmat and Zhigulyovskoe, bottled at the Donetsk plant of the corporation. The entry of the British giant to the Georgian market proves that the Western producer believes in the perspectives of its successful development.
"The Georgian beer market is actively growing and developing now, its potential lets us count on a certain niche that our products may occupy, - the Sales Director of Miller Brands Ukraine Yury Usharov is sure.
But at the same time it is fraught with monopolization of the relatively small market of the republic, as Georgia does not have a worthy counterbalance to the powerful pressure of one of the largest brewing companies of the world. The country does not have any manufacturers or brands capable of rivalling the brands promoted by SABMiller PLC.
Sarmat and Zhigulyovskoe are famous, even legendary in Georgia. Our consumer not only appreciates the taste of the real classical beer but is nostalgic about, for instance, the Zhigulyovskoe brand that has been remembered and loved for more than a dozen of years. We set great hopes on Sarmat and Zhigulyovskoe and we are sure that a successful future awaits them on the Georgian market, - said the Commercial Director of the Trade & Development company Nukri Todradze.