- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
David the Builder or Mikhail the Destroyer?2011-07-11 19:58
President of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili has many times underlined that he is the follower of Holy King David the Builder. Mishiko swore on his grave, referred to his toleration and did many other things, while the reality remained different. Saakashvili's words and deeds would not correspond. All actions of the current Georgian government are aimed at disrupting the heritage of the holy patron.
of the holy patron.
What has Holy King David Agmashenebeli (the Builder), a person who cared for the Georgian land and pulled it together, got in common with Mikhail Saakashvili? Nothing. David recovered Sakartvelo's territory and multiplied it, while the current president has lost a huge part of the country. David created a fighting and winning army but today's armed forces flee from the enemy at the first chance. The King had friendly relations with the Church and made it a powerful ally of the state, while Mishiko and Patriarch Iliya II are at great variance.
Nevertheless, the Georgian president constantly refers to David the Builder, in every way trying to pose himself as his authorized successor. Fortunately, Saakashvili has got no tsar blood in his veins; otherwise, such "descendant" would be a spot of mud on David's holy memory. However, Mishiko mentions the king in his speeches with and without reason. Once he explains his religious unscrupulousness by David's tolerance; the other time, he tries to convince Tina Kandelaki of his value in history being as great as David's.
"Our night meeting ended up in a serious political dispute. He tried to convince me that historically, he is equal to David the Builder. I have already mentioned that David the Builder built Georgia, while Saakashvili is destroying it. We argued for a long time and I watched him for four hours. I am no psychiatrist to make a diagnosis but overwhelming conceit multiplied by exceeding vanity and not very strong nerves, to put it mildly, are not the best advisors for a president", - Kandelaki wrote in her Live Journal after her talk with Saakashvili.