- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
BLACKSEAFOR in Russia’s hands2011-08-17 23:02
BLACKSEAFOR naval group has a new command with Romania transferring combat ship management to the Russian Federation for pursuit of the policy of appeasement in the Black Sea region. Threats the members of the organization have been counteracting so far recognized as successfully neutralized. Despite historical tension between key members of the bloc - Russia and Turkey - it was Ankara that banned entry of US ships into the Strait of Dardanelles and Bosphorus
and Bosphorusat the time of the August war in 2008.
In 10 years of existence the group has acquired six military ships due to joint efforts with nearly 600 persons drawing duty onboard. BLACKSEAFOR was created to ensure peace and ecological security in the Black Sea region. Russian, Turkish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Georgian and Ukrainian ships regularly hold joint drills mastering tactical skills of operational response. Yet, in order to pursue a policy of appeasement serious instruments for intimidation of the enemy are needed. That is why Turkish frigate Jyldyrym, Romanian corvette Sebastian, two mine sweepers provided by Sofia and Kiev, as well as Russian assault ship Caesar Kunikov are equipped with real weapons. Additionally, the naval force can make use of the pride of the Russian defense industry - GRAD M multiple rocket launcher system.
Caesar Kunikov has a rich experience in holding military operations. In 1996 the ship brought the peacekeeping contingent to Kosovo. As the BLACKSEAFOR flagship, this Russian vessel will control settlement of conflicts connected with international and ecological terrorism and other provocations inside the water zone. The ships will remain in Novorossiysk until August 16 and then move to Trabzon (Turkey) and Varna (Bulgaria) for the naval phase of training.
"A series of maneuvers and drills will take place at the time of transfer to Turkey with forced crossing of critical points as the key activity. Then we plan to hold mortar drills in Jasmine port", - Vesti quotes Yuri Zemski, 1st rank captain, BLACKSEAFOR naval force commander, deputy chief of Joint Staff of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation.