- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Mishiko to heap corpses on Afghanistan2011-09-05 20:55
Presence of Georgian soldiers in Afghanistan again causes resentment of the opposition forces. The Georgian Party orders Mikheil Saakashvili's regime to stop reasonless slaughter after the death of another Georgian. Yet, "fathers of the nation" seem to believe that the mission is directly connected with Sakartvelo's security. Besides, this is a wonderful way to "baptize" the army that demonstrated total inefficiency at the time of the August conflict in 2008 by fire.
The Tahliban launched an attack on an international patrol in the Afghan province of Helmand. As a result Revaz Beridze, a lance sergeant died. He had served in the Georgian army since 2002 and before going to Afghanistan he worked in Iraq as part of the coalition forces. Thus, Georgia's death toll in the Afghan mission in 2011 amounts to ten people. This is a serious figure considering that the Georgian contingent inside the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) comprises 937 persons only. By way of comparison here are US losses: having brought 90,000 force the total fatalities are 1, 748.
Yet, the Georgian president does not think that 10 is enough. In June defense minister Bacho Akhalaya met with David Petraeus, commander of the North Atlantic treaty in Afghanistan who flattered Mikheil Nikolozovich into providing another battalion to Helmand in order to gain "a unique experience" and be "baptized by fire" . "This all is done to ensure stable peace for people of Afghanistan and prevent Afghanistan from becoming a terrorist refuge. Georgia with 4,700,000 population and 20% of the territories occupied considers it a privilege to be not only a security consumer but also a security provider. My promise to Hamid Karzai was that Georgia will assist Afghanistan in reforming the police force, provide help in training artillery units to Afghan forces and help carry out economic reforms", - "the father of the nation" said publicly.