- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Bakur Kvezereli, jobless2011-10-24 11:40
Expert warnings on dangers connected with the adventurous agricultural program of hybrid corn cultivation were not incidental. Indeed: minister of agriculture Bakur Kvezereli is the first victim of this dubious idea.
Notorious corn has dismissed Kvezereli from his post now taken over by Zaza Gorozia, governor of Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region. Speaking the language of agricultural industry one may think there is small choice in rotten apples.
Bakur Kvezereli is no more a minister of agriculture in Georgia. Mass media had been heralding his dismissal for over a week. Yet, it happened only today. Georgian PM Nikoloz Gilauri relieved Kvezereli of his post "thanking" the latter so vividly that, most probably, he will digest the message for a week.
Remarking automatically that Kvezereli has done "a lot of good" and "has practically solved the rtveli problem (no, he has not) and "increased production and export rate" (he has not), Gilauri knocked the minister down completely. "You must also understand that we need new vision and new energy so we decided to appoint Zaza Gorozia to this position", - the merciless PM stated. - I would like to wish him good luck in his new office, since agriculture is a priority task to our government and it is important to compile the ministry's budget for 2012 with the new minister". Sounds like a direct insult against the man who spoiled everything he had access to. No corn, blackberry, rabbits or crocodiles could save Kvezereli.
However, the poor man was not ousted completely. Gilauri was kind enough to leave him inside the team promising to announce what position the former minister would take in two weeks' time. Bakur puts on a brave face saying: "I will direct my knowledge, my energy and my experience to Georgia's agriculture in future. Very soon it will be known in what form". Right, he might switch over to weeding. The energy, knowledge and experience of this eccentric minister will be just enough for that.