- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Refugees are worth the firewood2011-11-17 14:00
Along with the winter, a usual for this season trouble returned in Georgia. The first cold struck, the snow fell, and the electricity became irregular. But most importantly, tens of thousands of people are frozen because of problems with heating. In Tbilisi and other big cities, people do not have enough money for heating. In the west, in Zugdidi, refugees are holding rallies, requiring firewood.
This year the winter came to Georgia unexpectedly. The snow fell almost everywhere, even at the warm Black Sea coast the winds are blowing and temperature is 5 degrees Celsius. No wonder that, in conditions of apocalypse of municipal infrastructure, every time when it becomes cold, one question arises - how to get warm? Central heating last worked 20 years ago. Since then everyone comes out of the situation as he can. The urban population uses the gas or the electricity, but in the villages gas is often lacking, and the electricity is very expensive.
The Labor Party came to the aid of the residents. It appealed to the authorities to help people to buy firewood. The Labor Party appeal to the authorities so often and it is always so useless, that this time the activists decided not to hold back themselves in words. "We appeal to the gangster authorities of Saakashvili to make them allocate money for the purchase of wood from the reserve funds that are provided for similar cases, but not for PR companies for Saakashvili and his henchmen, and concerts. We call on authorities immediately begin consideration of our concept of usage forest resources which provides accessibility of heating materials to the population and a ban on the mass sale of woods", said one of the leaders of Kakhaber Dzagania.
It is clear that Labourists' appeal won't have effect, and nobody can raise money to heat half of the country. The refugees who live in Zugdidi are well aware of this, and who decided to hold a protest to make local authorities give them firewood. This category of people has the right to get firewood from the State. But the officials have started preparing for the winter season too late.