- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Ivanishvili's dream not for sale2011-11-28 10:37
The Georgian public negatively perceives the direct attacks on Bidzina Ivanishvili. After the loss of Georgian citizenship and attacks on Cartu Bank, owned by him, the billionaire only strengthened his position at the political arena.
Realizing this, the Saakashvili regime has decided to resort to more mature methods of discrediting a dangerous rival. The power has sent to the regions the provocateurs who try to bribe people to put a signature on a petition for the restoration of opposition businessman in the Georgian citizenship.
Just last week Georgian Council of Elders urged President Mikhail Saakashvili to return Bidzina Ivanishvili Georgian citizenship. Moreover, the NGOs have found it necessary to assign the billionaire and philanthropist honorary citizen. "In order to avoid the historical embarrassment, the Georgian president and the parliament should give the nationality of Georgia to well-known philanthropist, who was born and grown in Georgia, the Georgian Bidzina Ivanishvili. Moreover, he should become an honorary citizen for his service to the people and the country", reads the address of the Council of Elders.
Yesterday, the businessman's lawyer Eka Beselia said that a preliminary hearing on charges of deprivation of citizenship is scheduled for December 5. "During the first preliminary hearing, there will be considered the main issue whether deprivation Bidzina Ivanishvili and his wife of citizenship was lawful. Of course, the defense will present its evidence at the preliminary hearing", said the representative of a businessman.
However, the initiative group of supporters of opposition businessman, without waiting for the court's decisions, has begun the All-Georgian campaign to collect signatures on a petition to the authorities of the Transcaucasian republic demanding the return of the Georgian citizenship to Bidzina Ivanishvili. The event got large-scale nature, so the ruling clique decided to find a reason that would give the opportunity to challenge the document, when it finally comes to trial.