- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Man of "Georgian Dream"2011-12-13 14:05
On the eve, Tbilisi State Philharmonic fell apart at the seams - Bidzina Ivanishvili presented there his "Georgian Dream". There were so many supporters of the billionaire that the hall could not seat everyone. This is understandable: the ceremony was initially planned at the Sports Palace, but the authorities, fearing such a number of protest voters, quickly sent them into the concert hall. And many had to watch the event from the screens which were installed on the facade of the building.
Today Bidzina Ivanishvili is man without citizenship, and therefore not eligible to participate in parliamentary and presidential elections. This way Mikhail Saakashvili tripped up his most dangerous opponent, remembering that the billionaire was French and Russian citizen. However, it's not easy to confuse the businessman. Social movement is the way out, which Mr. Ivanishvili presented in the concert hall of the State Philharmonic.
Not just a crowd came to support their candidate - so many people who decided to give their vote for truth and justice in Georgia have not gathered in one place before. Even the demonstration of May 26 against the regime of Mikhail Saakashvili, which ended in failure for the protesters, compared with yesterday's "day of the opposition", seems just a rural fair. Georgian flags fluttering along with the banners of the EU showed that the billionaire seeks towards European integration, but he is not going to forget about the citizens, now living below the poverty line.
Famous actors, writers and public figures, who receive a pension from Ivanishvili, not comparable to the one proposed by the current Georgian government, supported the businessman's idea. And the player of Georgian national soccer team Kakha Kaladze made a very eloquent act - at the stage, he said that he was leaving the team. "I played a lot for the team, we had happy and bitter moments, like when I scored two goals in own goal in the match with the Italians, but I apologize for it again and I leave, and I want those, who scores in the own goal of his country, to leave", he stressed.