- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Alla Jioyeva’s “drug lord”2011-12-23 21:26
When the South-Ossetian confrontation was in the height, oppositionists accused the authorities of a series of arrests of Alla Jioyeva's supporters on both sides of the Greater Caucasus Mountain Range - both in the south and north of Ossetia. The detention of the Uatsamonga website founders Soslan Kokoyev and journalist Maria Plieva caused heated discussion. The release of the prisoners was one of the conditions of a peaceful agreement that allowed the republic overcome the crisis. GTimes decided to find out whether this clause has been fully observed.
Oppositionist Alan Kochiev was arrested in Tskhinval before the pre-election campaign. Yesterday, he was freed upon a written undertaking not to leave the place. Kochiev's case was the loudest in the series of arrests among the opposing activists. Now he is free, which proves that agreements between the government and the opposition can be realized. However, not everyone was that lucky. Let us see how things are going with journalist Maria Plieva and oppositionist Soslan Kokoyev detained in Vladikavkaz.
In an interview to GTimes, Plieva said that she is currently charged with two accusations (they were three initially). It is insult of law-enforcement officers in discharge of their functions and organization of an illegal meeting. As to the first accusation, the world court had earlier freed the journalist from charge but the prosecutor's office contested the decision, claims were partly satisfied and the case was sent for re-investigation. As for the second accusation, the court adjudged Plieva guilty but the attorney filed an appeal. This must be a long-lasting case but at least Maria Plieva is free as well as most other participants of the Ossetian political fight.
Things are much worse with journalist Soslan Kokoyev who is still in prison. We have discussed the situation with his spouse Anna Kokoyeva.
- We've got unclear prospects. Only Soslan is kept a file on out of five arrested people; they event wanted to take his case to court. Others have got their cases frozen. The attorney has submitted various lists, filed petitions and so on. He is accused of drug storage.
-Do you believe his case to be political?