- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Tourism in the Caucasus: the future just around the corner?2012-01-09 14:54
The issue of the development of domestic tourism in Russia is now extremely urgent. In Turkey, where the vacationers traveled over the years, there are the surrogate alcohol and a horse dose of chlorine in swimming pools and the unstable political situation in Egypt deters tourists. Against this backdrop, the government decided to remind fellow citizens about the beauty of the North Caucasus. They invest a lot of money in the development of tourism in the North Caucasus Federal District. Have they managed to direct a flow of tourists to the Caucasus mountains? The expert in the field of tourism Elena Lysenkova, CEO of Hospitality In. Comm, told the reporter GTmes about this and many other.
- Presidential plenipotentiary in the North Caucasus Federal District Alexander Khloponin believes that the resorts of the North Caucasus effectively attract 2.5 million tourists a year. In your opinion, whether the task is feasible in conditions of terrorist activity in the region? Do people travel there to rest?
- It's very optimistic figures. St. Petersburg is visited at best 4-5 million tourists. The most advertised brand of the country, after the Capitals of the Golden Ring is Lake Baikal. Less than a million tourists come there per year. Thus it's extremely ambitious to speak about 2.5 million of tourists.
The terrorist activity of any kind is an antagonist of tourism development. Even small "disturbances" reduce the meager tourist flows in 2 times.
- According to the plan of Alexander Khloponin, the tourist cluster will create about 300 thousand jobs, reduce unemployment in the region and help to stabilize the situation. Do you agree with this logic, or they should start from restoring order?