- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Animal stories: was there a bear?2012-01-24 17:16
With New Year festivities now over, Georgian mass media report on a bear from the zoo of Gori that was eaten at the festive table. GTimes has decided to carry out its own investigation to find out the truth.
GTimes correspondents came to Gori rather late to find traces of bear meat in Venice, a stylish restaurant in town. As people say, the restaurant organized a feast during which officials of the local administration ate the bear that had lived in the zoo of Gori. The story is this: two male bears were put in one cage but they did not get on well with each other. Once they had a fight and one of them was severely wounded. Certainly, the bear could be put in another cage, brought to the zoo of Tbilisi or specialists could be invited from there to save the beast. Yet, the administration decided otherwise: not to risk and just cut it in pieces (good that it all happened on the New Year Eve). Definitely, bear meat was the hit at the festive table for officials of
the local administration. However, it is just one version presented by local residents concerned over disappearance of the bear. The employees of the zoo have a different story. It is quite complicated and GTimes correspondent had to go to Gori to try and puzzle things out.
The zoo of Gori can hardly be identified as a zoo. Bears live there. There used to be two of them (before the events we are describing), now there is only one plus two bear cubs. Three bears in total. There are three monkeys, one fox, one bird - an eagle or a vulture (looks like employees of the zoo don't know that for sure), and a bunch of goats. The zoo opened a few years ago with the authorities investing GEL 30,000. Bears were favorites with the visitors - children mostly, of course.
And then one bear disappeared. Everyone knew the two males had always quarreled. By the way, if professionals worked in the zoo, they would have never put two males of different age together.
After that one bear disappeared, but Gori is a little town and the residents learned that employees of the mayor's office and management of the zoo had eaten bear meat in Venice restaurant on the New Year.