- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
How much is Freedom in Georgia?2012-02-22 13:29
Yesterday, February 21, the Tbilisi City Court decided to change the preventive measure to Valery Gelbakhiani, the former head of election staff of Badri Patarkatsishvili, and to release him on bail in the amount of GEL 50,000. Taking such a decision, the Court took into account Gelbakhiani's health state.
As reported by the Regnum.ru, yesterday, February 21, the Tbilisi City Court decided to change the preventive measure to Valery Gelbakhiani, the former head of election staff of Badri Patarkatsishvili, and to release him on bail in the amount of GEL 50,000.
According to the edition, the Court considered the appeal of the General Prosecutor's Office of Georgia on confirmation of the preventive measure to Valery Gelbakhiani from February 2, 2008 - the arrest. The prosecution and the defense representatives made a speech during the Court hearings. The prosecution demanded the confirmation of the arrest, and the defense demanded to change the preventive measure to the bail in the amount of 30,000 GEL ($ 18 thousand).
Taking such a decision, the Court took into account Gelbakhiani's health state, as well as the fact that Valery Gelbakhiani has no opportunity to flee and took the decision to change the arrest on bail of 50,000 GEL and the release of the courtroom, the Regnum.ru reported.
Recall, the Georgian Interior Ministry reported about the arrest of Valery Gelbakhiani, the ex-head of election staff of Badri Patarkatsishvili, on February 20. According to the representatives of the MIA, he was detained when trying to pass Georgian-Armenian border. Valery Gelbakhiani is wanted from 2008. Prior to this, he headed the election staff of the businessman Badri Patarkatsishvili, who died in London in 2008.
The ex-MP was accused of "conspiracy to forcibly change the constitutional order of Georgia, the overthrow or the capture of state power", recalled by the BBC.
According to Prosecutor's Office, Gelbakhiani was involved in developing a plan to overthrow the government by organizing protests and riots in 2008.