- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Elections in the RSO in Live Air2012-03-06 17:44
The presidential candidates of the Republic of South Ossetia are going to sign an agreement on free and fair presidential elections in a live air of the state television. This initiative was offered by the presidential candidate David Sanakoev.
According to the Echo Kavkaza, the candidates for president of the Republic of South Ossetia are going to sign an agreement on free and fair presidential elections in a live air of the state television.
The draft statement was proposed by the presidential candidate David Sanakoev during today's roundtable "Election of the President of South Ossetia, March 25 - a new stage of development of statehood of the Republic", which was held in Tskhinval.
As reported by the edition, during the discussion, the candidate Dmitry Medoyev noted that in February, a similar document was signed by the candidates for the post of head of state, whose action groups at the time were registered in the CEC.
"That time, we gathered and made a joint appeal, thereby defining our attitude towards the upcoming voting process. It was very important. I hope that my colleagues are still standing on the same positions, and we will lead the campaign with dignity", Medoyev said.
Another presidential candidate, David Sanakoev, has shared Medoyev's opinion and stressed that the elections should be held in accordance with the electoral law. "If we use the dirty technology, we will compromise ourselves and our people", the Echo Kavkaza quoted Sanakoev.
In turn, Leonid Tibilov also assured the participants of the roundtable that he and his team would work to ensure fair and transparent elections. "The people must see us as the people worthy the presidency", Tibilov said.
Recall, last few months, South Ossetia is passing a difficult pre-election period.