- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
"Friends of Syria" without Russia2012-03-27 19:36
Russia has refused from participating in the next meeting of "Friends of Syria" in Istanbul. This decision of Russian Foreign Ministry was announced by its official representative Alexander Lukashevich. "This time we also want to refrain from participating, even though we've received an invitation", Lukashevich said.
As reported by the RBC, Russia has refused from participating in the next meeting of "Friends of Syria" in Istanbul. This decision of Russian Foreign Ministry was announced by its official representative Alexander Lukashevich. "This time we also want to refrain from participating, even though we've received an invitation", Lukashevich said.
The representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry said that such meetings are one-sided, since the Syrian government is not represented there. "Its members aren't looking for the ways to establish dialogue for the peaceful resolution of conflict, but rather are looking for a ground for foreign interference", he added.
Alexander Lukashevich also reminded that the same reasons were the basis for Russia's refusal to participate in the first meeting of "Friends of Syria", held February 24 in Tunis. "We do not believe that such groups are able to develop a consolidated position of the international community. Rather, they are destructive, disrupting the rhythm of the work of the mission of the General Kofi Annan (the UN Secretary General and the League of Arab States special envoy - Ed.)", the Foreign Ministry representative concluded.
According to the MK.ru, at the meeting in Istanbul the sides are going to adopt a number of solutions to address the crisis in Syria by peaceful means.
In particular, these solutions will be concerned of strengthening the international isolation of Syria, tightening the trade embargo toward this country, a complete freeze of foreign assets of Assad's family and the Syrian government and its transfer to the Syrian National Council, a humanitarian corridor and support to the relevant initiatives of the UN, Arab League and the OIC (Organization of the Islamic Conference).