- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Javakhk' way to Russia lies through Gyumri2012-06-06 15:17
As we know, after the 2008 war, there is no official diplomatic relations between Russia and Georgia. This is the reason that residents of some regions, including Javakhk population, are experiencing problems with visiting Russia. Below we lead the address of the Javakhk Diaspora of Russia to the Russian authorities.
Many residents of Samtskhe-Javakheti region are forced to periodically travel for seasonal work outside of Georgia, mainly in Russia, due to the lack of jobs in the region. For the Javakheti residents, such way of life has been established due to the existing objective reality, and for today this is the main source to support a family.
To our deep regret, in August 2008, as we all know, Georgia participated in the military conflict, so that Parliament of the country has decided to sever diplomatic relations with the Russian Federation. In practice, this means that since that moment the residents of Samtskhe-Javakheti, as well as many other citizens of Georgia, cannot get Russian visas, allowing them to enter the territory of the Russian Federation.
Basing on this, in accordance to the current law in Russia "On the Countrymen", we appeal with a huge request to the Russian authorities to consider and find a possibility for the following:
to allow the Russian consular department in the city of Gyumri to issue the Armenians living in Samtskhe-Javakheti region the certificates for the temporary stay in the territory of Russia;
to allow the Russian consular department in Gyumri to deal with problems and appeals of the Armenians living in Samtskhe-Javakheti region.
Sincerely, Javakhk Diaspora in Russia.
Published by Aslan Jelty