- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Azerbaijan paves the way to the future2012-06-14 19:00
Project of the construction of a road bridge over the Caspian Sea to Baku is ready and was sent to the Cabinet, the head of the department of the Ministry of Transport Sadraddinov Mamedov said. Now the project is being considered by relevant government agencies. According to estimates, construction of the bridge, length of which is 17 kilometers, will cost about $ 2 billion.
Mamedov said it would be not only transport, but also tourist project. It will also reflect the elements of the beautification of the city. According to the preliminary plan, if the decision on the project is accepted, there would be created a consortium that would engage in the bridge construction after the development and approval of its details. Upon the completion of the construction, the consortium will manage it. When the company will cover the expenses, invested in the management period, management will be transferred to the Azerbaijani side.
Mamedov has confirmed that the bridge would be paid, but now it is impossible to name an exact fare. However, everyone will be able to use the bridge. Mammadov said that construction of this bridge would greatly facilitate the traffic, have a positive impact both on the solution of problems with traffic jams, and the environmental situation. After the bridge starts operation the way from the Zikh circle to the shopping centers in Lokbatan will take six minutes.
Note that there won't be any forks beyond the bridge; using special lifts the people will be able to come down to some islands in the Caspian Sea, from which they will be able to go for a walk on the water taxi, Day.Az reported.
In turn, the head of the JSC "Azeryolservis" Javid Gurbanov told reporters that the railway line Baku-Tbilisi-Kars will be put into operation in the fall of 2012. "In connection with the timely completion of construction and repair works the term has been reduced. Late September, first train will be launched on the railway line Baku-Tbilisi-Kars in a test mode", Gurbanov said.