- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Second Life of "Soldier's Father"2012-06-22 15:35
Today in Moscow, an unusual premiere was held. A film of the Georgian director Rezo Film Chkheidze "Soldier's Father" was released again. Filmed in 1964, the film has acquired colors: the audience will see its color version. Mister Rezo told our correspondent how the work on the film was carried out, as well as about his future creative plans.
In Georgia, a joyful event took place. Soon, the film "Soldier's Father" in the updated full color version will return to the screen. Viewers have already seen a part of the film. The movie was filmed in 1964, and the people who have felt in love with this film have established a monument to soldier's father in the center of Telavi.
Ineza Avaliani, a director, a film critic: "Soldier's Father" is already a classic. It ranks among the top five films made on the military theme. It was called "a film about war without war". Of course, its renovation has a commercial purpose. I am confident that the company that has made the film colorful will receive great profit from this.
This is the only case when the director himself was personally involved in the work on a color version of the film. The work was quite complicated. He had to remember all the colors. Each frame was discussed with the director".
Within three years, representatives of the Belgian company RUSCICO contacted with batono Rezo and asked to consent to the creation of a color film version and always got refusal. Mister Rezo was afraid that they could spoil the movie, and did not give consent. Therefore, the firm made trial frames and showed them to the director. He liked it and agreed.
200 artists worked on the film for five months. In each frame, they put about 12 000 pixels of different colors. And today the premiere of the new-old "Soldier's Father" takes place in Moscow. It is timed to the day the war began. A little later, viewers will be able to watch it in Tbilisi.