- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Abkhazia beyond the two Churches2012-06-27 14:48
The dissenters from the "Council of the Holy Metropolis of Abkhazia" Fr. Dorofei (Dbar) and Fr. Andrew (Ampar) reported a complete rupture of their relations with the Russian Orthodox Church, openly breaking the orders of Bishop of Maikop and Adyghe Tikhon on the imposition on them of ban of ministering for a term of three years for separatist activities in the territory of Abkhazia, the IA Regnum reported.
"June 22, at the request of Fr. Vissarion Apliaa, Fr. Sergius Jopua, Fr. Matthew Tuzhba and Fr. Dalmat Gopiya came to me at Athos monastery. They handed me the "decrees" of Bishop of Maikop and Adyghe Tikhon to impose on me and Fr. Andrew a ban of ministering for a term of three years. I did not even bother to read these decrees; I just tore them up and gave it back. They went away", Fr. Dorofei stated on the pages of Aiaaira.com.
According to the Abkhazian dissenters, now they have "nothing common with Maikop and Adygei Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church (we had nothing common with the Georgian Church even earlier)". "That is why all the old and new decrees have no force", they stated.
At the same time, both, Fr. Dorofei and Fr. Andrew will continue to "serve" Liturgy "in agreement with many of the church hierarchy of the rest Orthodox world". "From now until the final resolution of the status of the Orthodox Church in Abkhazia, that is, until the appearance of canonical bishop at the territory of Abkhazia, we will pray for His Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, as Primate of all the Ecumenical Orthodox Church", the dissenters say.
Earlier, Bishop of Maikop and Adyghe Tikhon banned the ministering of Fr. Dorofei (Dbar) and Fr. Andrew (Ampar), who are provincial clergies of Maikop Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church, where they had received holy orders, for schismatic actions.
As recalled by the Orthodox Information Agency, in the summer of 2011, the Moscow Patriarchate informed the Patriarch of Constantinople about these events in an official letter, according to the existing practice, in order to prevent Fr. Dorofei and Fr. Andrew from sacred ministering, if they appear within the Church of Constantinople.