- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Van Rompuy wins the Caucasus2012-07-03 16:42
EU President Herman Van Rompuy went on a three-day tour over the South Caucasus. According to official data, during Van Rompuy's visit to Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan they will discuss the problem of integration of the South Caucasus with the European Union, as well as ways to solve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
On the eve of his visit to the region Herman Van Rompuy commented the situation around Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. He noted that the news about the facts of violence on the border between Armenia and Azerbaijan made him worry. Van Rompuy stressed that the use of military force couldn't resolve this conflict, and only a peaceful settlement will facilitate the establishment of stability in the region. He also confirmed the EU's desire to promote the OSCE Minsk Group in solving this conflict, adding that the responsibility for reaching an agreement was on Armenia and Azerbaijan.
All these statements were carefully listened and analyzed in Azerbaijan. In Baku many believe that neither the OSCE Minsk Group, nor the EU or Russia are making enough effort to resolve the conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan. Even if at least one of these countries has a real desire to resolve the situation, the conflict would have been exhausted.
"The fact that all the parties recognize the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan, while requiring compromises from Baku, is also surprising. But the Azerbaijani side, in fact, demands only withdrawal of Armenian occupying forces from Azerbaijan and the restoration of the territorial integrity of the country", the analyst Gabil Huseynli said.
According to the expert, it is incorrect to put the conflict parties on one scale. International community understands that the collisions occur in the Azerbaijani land. And the incidents that are taking place at the Armenian-Azerbaijani border, they are provocation. They are intended to mislead the international community concerning the nature of what is happening and to present the case as if Azerbaijan is firing Armenia", Huseynli said.