- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Georgian village has turned into a kindergarten2012-07-05 18:34
In the village of Rkoni, Kaspi district, there are lots of abandoned houses. Their owners have moved into the city - went to work to support their families. Rkoni has many problems: lack of roads, schools, and most importantly - water. In the upper part of the village now live only two old women. They have repeatedly called on the government to help them survive in an abandoned Rkoni. And the power has heard them. Old women have got ... children's swings.
In the upper part of the village Rkoni the two old women live - Nina Berdzeni and Miriam Chokheli. They do not want to leave their homes. They always have something to do: they have many domestic problems.
Nina Berdzeni: "People have gone away. Others have died. It's sadly here; only few can survive in such a melancholy. Many have moved to the city because we have no school, and for other reasons. Last year, here was six children. They could build at least elementary school for them. But they were also taken to the city. My son also lives in the city. If I leave, who takes care of abandoned houses? Several houses have already been looted; it is difficult to watch it, we are too old".
Miriam Chokheli: "I've lived here 49 years. I've married, my husband was a local; i've widowed early, raised a child. However, they live in town, but I'm not going to leave".
The village has a lot of problems: lack of roads and transport. These two old women have to walk 5 km get a pension and then to take a taxi. A travel to the regional center costs 35 lari, and their pension is 100 GEL.
The main Rkoni's problem is lack of water. Old women have to walk to the edge of the village and carry water from the ravine. "I told the headman who came here that we needed the water. He said they needed to build a road to the cemetery. And I say, maybe I'm not going to die?", Miriam Chokheli says.