- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
"Georgian Dream" was stoned2012-07-13 18:22
As a result of clashes between the authorities' supporters and representatives of the coalition "Georgian Dream", who came to the village of Karaleti (Gori district, Shida Kartli region) to meet with voters, several people, including journalists, have suffered. This was reported by the TV company "Maestro" on Thursday, July 12.
During the pre-election meeting with the villagers, most of whom are refugees - victims of the war in August 2008, about twenty people first verbally abused the representatives of the opposition coalition, and then started throwing stones at them. The cars of the coalition, the equipment of the TV company "Trialeti" and the camera of TV company "Maestro" were damaged.
Georgian Interior Ministry has launched an investigation into the incident. "July 12, 2012, in the village of Karaleti there occurred a conflict between supporters of the political coalition "Georgian Dream" and its opponents: verbal sparring turned into a physical confrontation. A criminal case instituted; currently participants of the incident are being identified", said in a statement of the department.
At the same time, the Interior Ministry calls on all citizens to exercise maximum restraint. "Every citizen must act within the law", the agency emphasizes.
As a result of the collision members of the coalition "Georgian Dream" and supporters of the government in the settlement of refugees in the village of Karaleti three journalists have also suffered. According to media reports, among the victims - the head of the Information Center of Shida Kartli Saba Tsitsikashvili. According to the doctors, the state of all the victims at this point is satisfactory, three of them have got a concussion, the News-Georgia reported.
Commenting on the clash in the village of Karaleti, one of the leaders of the coalition, footballer Kakha Kaladze said the incident was arranged by the Sonderkommando, which are being prepared by the authorities to crack down on opposition. He put direct responsibility for what has happened on President Mikheil Saakashvili.