- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Krymsk recurs in Georgia2012-07-20 12:50
Yesterday at dawn, a torrential downpour with the hail fell throughout Georgia. In Kakheti, Samtskhe-Javakheti, Mtskheta-Mtianeti, as well as in several other regions, the element has caused great damage.
Harvest of fruits was destroyed; roads were flooded. In Lagodekhi district in the east rain, hail and storm hit at the same time. Lagodekhi was mostly damaged; and a government meeting on the losses caused by the elements was held in this city.
In Gurjaani, Telavi and Lagodekhi the inundation has flooded homes. Large hail has partially destroyed fruit crops, created locks on the roads and approaches adjacent to the houses; the hail was the size of a fist; livestock and poultry were killed; water rushed into the chicken coops, in the barn; basements were filled with rubble; level of the water in the river Alazani threatened the houses. Electricity and the Internet were cut off.
"We have miraculously saved; as you can see, part of the yard washed away; the vineyard is destroyed", local resident Kako Mchedlishvili says. Such is the current situation in eastern Georgia.
Kakheti Region, famous for its orchards, was injured most seriously. Much of the crop was destroyed by hail, which would surely increase the price of fruit, while this year the harvest was great.
In Telavi, in the eponymous hotel, the ground floor, inhabited by Indian filmmakers from Bollywood, was flooded. Fortunately, their health is not threatened.
Thirteen residents of the villages were in Telavi district hospital, their identity has not yet been established. Fortunately, their lives were not threatened.
Rescue service is constantly working in Kakheti region. The losses are so great that they still need help. Rescuers are pumping water out of basements. "Something terrible has happened, I do not remember anything similar. Look at all the fruit on the ground, the vineyard is destroyed", a farmer complains.
The epicenter of the disaster was in the village of Vachnadziani. In the central part of the village almost all the houses were destroyed.