- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Ossetian opposition has forgotten its heroes?2012-07-23 19:24
18 days left after the Court of North Ossetia rejected an appeal of South Ossetian publicist Soslan Kokoev. Seriously ill man is in jail just for being a supporter of Alla Dzhioeva. Meanwhile, other supporters of Alla Dzhioeva accuse her of betraying her people. Current President Leonid Tibilova, who allegedly did nothing to release Kokoev, also has caught. GTimes correspondent talked about this with Alla Dzhioeva and other experts from the region. As it often happens in South Ossetia, not everything was so simple.
December 1, 2011, a rally of Alla Dzhioeva supporters was held in Vladikavkaz. One of the organizers of the rally was Soslan Kokoev, publicist and public figure, who lived in Vladikavkaz for 12 years. Since the action was sanctioned by the authorities, a meeting took place without incident. But the next day the police came to Kokoev. He was arrested, taken to the prison, and his apartment was searched. Somewhat later, in the search protocol on Kokoev's case there appeared record that the drugs had been found in his apartment. Journalist was accused of illegal possession of large quantities of drugs. April 11, the Vladikavkaz court sentenced Kokoev to three years imprisonment.
No one both in Vladikavkaz and Tskhinvali, could believe that Soslan Kokoev was drug dealer. On either side of the Roki tunnel he was known as a law-abiding person and a respectable family man. However, the truth behind the persecution was in full view. First, Kokoev was a member of Alla Dzhioeva's staff. Second, he knew too much about the dark deeds of Eduard Kokoity and his people, and did not hesitate to talk about this in the media. Eduard Kokoity, as we know, forgave no one for such impudence.
Kokoity's successor is Leonid Tibilov. During his inauguration, Leonid Tibilov promised the people of South Ossetia that he would personally deal with Kokoev's case. It is unknown whether Tibilov has succeeded, but Soslan Kokoev's situation has not changed. He is in prison, incommunicado.