- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Life is getting better2009-02-25 10:20
Last week was remarkable for both Abkhazia and South Ossetia not only because of success of the Geneva talks. Cultural life of the republics is making headway too. A whole range of events in Sukhum and Tskhinval is perfect evidence with the opening of the Abkhazian State Philharmonic Hall on February 19 being the most notable.
"Today we are commissioning one of the main temples of Abkhazian culture - our Philharmonic Hall; - Apsnypress IA is quoting the republic's Culture Minister Nugzar Logua. - It has become a cultural center fitted out with state-of-the-art equipment."
In his speech Logua emphasized that in spite of economic difficulties the leaders of the republic consider it extremely important to restore a number of cultural institutions - not only in the capital.
Russia assisted Abkhazia in restoring the Philharmonic appropriating around 90 million rubles. Now the building whose history goes back almost 50 years is completely renovated.
Alongside with spiritual enrichment the people of the republic can start strengthening their health as members of the Abkhazian Aikido Federation that was opened the same day. It is noteworthy that 20 people including kids have already enrolled in a group. Creating the federation the organizers relied on the idea that aikido is the art of conflict resolution and search of harmony even in most critical situations.
South Ossetia becomes sports-conscious too. According to Ossetian Radio on February 20 for the Defender of the Motherland Day the Ministry of Youth is organizing various sport competitions although the building of Children and Youth Sports School is half ruined. It is not a problem for young athletes. Their desire is the main thing.
Well, it looks like life in Abkhazia and South Ossetia is getting better. Nobody is turning a blind eye on inevitable difficulties of the reconstruction period. Russia is of great help here. As is known common problems help to get united. The two young republics have growing reciprocal interest and affection towards each other as well as a desire to enhance political ties.