- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
"Caucasus-2012" was shifted for Georgia2012-09-03 17:54
Large-scale strategic command and staff exercises "Caucasus-2012" to be held on September 17-23, will bypass the Chechen territory. Military claim the geographical restrictions were imposed for the sake of peace in Georgia.
As specified in the headquarters of the Southern Military District, training center "Alpiyskiy" under Borzoy, "Gvardeyskiy" in Shali and "Kalinovskiy" under the stanitsa of Kalinovskaya were excluded from the list of strategic training ranges.
Earlier, the Russian General Staff refused intentions involve the 4th military base (South Ossetia), the 7th military base (Abkhazia) and the 102nd military base (Armenia) into the exercises.
"We decided not to create another reason for tension in the Caucasus, thus we decided to refuse from military training near Georgia", a senior representative of the Defense Ministry explained.
At the headquarters of the Southern Military District, which includes Chechnya, they have not specified the area of the exercises. "The location of the training ground will be determined by our command", said the representative of the district.
Grozny was pleased with the news that the exercises in the republic were canceled.
"From the moment the troops returned to the barracks, they do not cause any problems to the local population. However, when they are conducting exercises with firing and shelling, the noise bothers people, especially the children. Training ground "Gvardeyskiy" is just 1 km from the town of Shali and Novye Atagi, Argun is also not far. All is well heard, especially at night", said a senior source close to Ramzan Kadyrov.
But in the neighboring to Chechnya republics the exercises will take place on the planned schedule.
Exercises "Caucasus-2012" will be held from 17 to 23 of September. In addition to the Russian Armed Forces the exercises will be attended by the FSO task forces, as well as by the units of the Interior Ministry, Emergencies Ministry and Federal Security Service of Russia. Practical activities will be performed in the Southern Military District.