news  articles  all
rus на русском ქართულად
Friday, 28 October 2016


Iran has refused the Oscar

2012-09-25 14:30

Iran has refused the Oscar. 28349.jpeg

Tehran intends to boycott American film award "Oscar" in 2013 to protest the U.S. film "Innocence of Muslims", depicting the prophet Mohammed in a very unfavourable light. This was announced by the country's Culture Minister Mohammad Hosseini.


According to the minister, Iran's film called Ye Habbeh Ghand ("sugar cube"), previously selected to participate in "Oscar", will not take part in the Academy Award. Hosseini has also criticized the lack of an official response of the U.S. administration to producers of the provocative film, which was the cause of the mass demonstrations in several Muslim countries.

Furthermore, the Minister of Culture of Iran urged other countries to boycott American Academy Award as a way to protest against the film.

According to the head of the State Agency for Cinematography Jawad Shamaghdari, Iran should "avoid" the race for the cherished statuette. According to officials, the involvement of Iran in the Academy Award will be possible only after its organizers publicly condemn the controversial film.

Earlier, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called the film "Innocence Muslims" a crime and misuse of the freedom of speech.

"We always condemn all acts of provocation aimed at oppressing all religions and feelings of people. Also, we condemn any extremism. Course, what has happened was terrible. Insulting the Prophet - it's disgusting. This has nothing to do with freedom and freedom of speech; this is abuse of freedom of speech and a crime for the most part. This should not happen. I hope that one day politicians will not seek to insult the sacred for other things", said the president of Iran in an interview with CNN, after speaking at the UN General Assembly in New York.

According to him, the current situation after the creation of the film should be resolved "in the humanitarian atmosphere" with the participation of all parties. "We do not like when someone dies, for any reason, in any part of the world", said the president of Iran, the RIA Novosti reported.

On Monday, the Iranian authorities blocked access to the search engine Google and email service Gmail to the users in the country. In addition, in the country operates restrict user access to websites of media companies BBC, Guardian, CNN, social networks Facebook and Twitter and other Western resources on a permanent basis. Google-owned video hosting YouTube, which had posted excerpts of "Innocence of Muslims", is blocked in Iran since 2009.

Code for blog
Add: Magnolia Livejournal Reddit Google
Permanent link :
Rambler's Top100
Select spelling error with mouse and press Ctrl+Enters
Система Orphus