- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Armenia attacks Azerbaijani Internet space2012-09-27 14:47
Armenian and Azerbaijani confrontation is multifaceted. Not only sporadic skirmishes on the border, but also the most severe diplomatic war take place. Armenians and Azerbaijanis are also fighting on the Internet.
Recently, attacks on Internet resources of Azerbaijan became more frequent. Only in 2012, there were recorded three large-scale attacks. One happened in early this year, the second during the song contest "Eurovision-2012", and finally the third attack, continuing to this day, began after the release of Ramil Safarov. According to the head of the Azerbaijan Internet Forum Osman Gunduz, analyzing the time of hacker attacks it is not hard to imagine that they are being implemented by the Armenians. And the objects of their attacks are both websites of state institutions of Azerbaijan and information portals. It is much more complicated to protect independent media websites from cyber "invasion" than the state sites.
The last of such attacks was made the other day against the news website 1news.az. Website staff also suggests that the attack was made by the Armenian hackers. As a result, access to the site was complicated for a few hours. According to the website management, the reason for the attack was the appeal to the President of Armenia Sargsyan on the 22nd anniversary of Armenia's independence. The authors have analyzed the speech of Sargsyan and published it the other way around. After this, the website was attacked by hackers, but immediately after having repulsed the attack the team published another material on this subject. According to the website management, "in contrast to the Armenian side, we're not going to take illegal actions in cyber space, and we will respond with new materials , to which the Armenian side cannot respond".