- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Bedukadze's family in danger?2012-11-01 17:00
Yesterday the leader of the movement "My Georgia" Eliso Kiladze gave a press conference, the topic of which was the family of Lado (Vladimir) Bedukadze. During the spreading of the video of tortures in Gldani prison Bedukadze - the man responsible for these video - was abroad. Today, he is seeking for political asylum in Brussels, and his relatives - in Turkey.
"Today I wanna name the people who have funded this noble cause - the evacuation of Bedukadze's family abroad to the near Turkey, including travel and hotel. First of them is a businessman Vano Chkhartishvili, and the second is Tamaz Elizbarashvili, also an entrepreneur. Given the fact that the political situation in the country has changed, and the new government, established by Bidzina Ivanishvili, has already begun functioning, Bedukadze's family state also has changed. They return to Georgia these days, and I want to appeal to the Interior Minister Mr. Garibashvili through the journalists with a request to ensure the safety of Bedukadze's family during their stay in Georgia. They will be here till the clarification of the status of Lado Bedukadze", Eliso Kiladze said at a press
So Georgia is likely to be a temporary home for Bedukadze's family. Despite the change in government, Lado Bedukadze still fears for his life and the lives of his loved ones, and is seeking asylum in Belgium. As soon as he receives the appropriate status, he takes his family to Brussels.
- Mrs. Eliso, you have named the businessmen who had allegedly financed the evacuation of Bedukadze's family to Turkey. Where did you get this information, and whether Chkhartishvili confirms it?
- This is not a secret. I think that Mr. Chkhartishvili has no reason to hide it. As for the source, Bedukadze called me and asked to personally thank the two businessmen for their assistance. The family itself is also grateful to them, which is the best proof of their involvement in the case.
- What is the position of the new government towards Lado Bedukadze? Will they cooperate with European countries, so that they granted him political asylum, or vice versa, they will ask them to extradite Bedukadze back to Georgia and provide him adequate security?
- I do not know the mechanisms of the new government to provide assistance to Bedukadze. But the position of Sozar Subari is very clear and logical. He states that there is a risk of elimination of Lado Bedukadze, and the primary task of the government is to ensure his safety, since he is one of the main witnesses against Bacho Akhalaia.