- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Daniel Sysoyev: Murdered for faith2012-11-19 19:19
Two years ago, on 19th of November 2009, in the church of St. Thomas a murder of the priest Daniel Sysoyev, known Orthodox missionary, took place. Bandit group of Doku Umarov claimed responsibility for this murder. However, the Islamic trail was one of the most "live" working versions of the investigation. Deceased priest was actively promoting the Orthodox faith among the ethnic Muslims and simultaneously led hot disputes with the followers of Islam. In the Islamic space of Russia he had earned the nickname "Russian Salman Rushdie".
According to one version, by origin father Daniel was from a famous Tatar family, which is in kinship with the family of the Prophet Muhammad. Is it true or not, the future priest has always had interest to Islam. Having become a priest Daniel Sysoyev chose this difficult and thankless path of preaching among ethnic Muslims. He carried out catechetical courses for the natives of the North Caucasus and guest workers from Central Asia.
Father Daniel conducted separate work among Russian girls, who wanted to marry a Muslim. Specially for them he wrote a book "Marriage to a Muslim", in which he described the realities of marriage with a follower of Muhammad as spiritual death for ethnic Orthodox.
Often in the missionary heat father Daniel "got carried away". "When I read "Marriage to a Muslim", I had following impression: the author knows the Muslims, but does not know the canons of Islam", a well-known expert on Islamic theology told the "Big Caucasus". "Daniel Sysoyev had knowledge, but they were distorted and relied on sources that have no historical validity. For example, he criticized early marriage in Islam, but in Islam it is forbidden and condemned. As proof of his words Sysoyev cited marriage between the Prophet and Aysha. Sysoyev said that at the time of marriage Aysha was either 9 or 6 years. But in fact, Aysha was 18 years old. Surely, Sysoyev literally interpreted the hadeeth", the expert told the edition.
What do the Muslim clerics think about the controversial priest? Mufti of the Central Spiritual Board of Muslims Farid Salman shared his opinion with the "Big Caucasus" reporter.