- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Fake lakes2013-04-08 18:40
Not for the first time Georgian authorities allocate money for non-existent projects. One of them is project for the rehabilitation of Kochebi Lake. Work on the cleaning of the lake and restoration of the infrastructure to be completed in May 2013, but until now they have only delivered to the site several window frames and doors. At the same time, they have already allegedly spent 50,000 GEL on the fake lake.
Kochebi is a small lake in eastern Georgia, located between Chirac plain and Iversky plateau. This is the only natural lake in the village of Samreklo, Dedoplistskarsky district. The water in it is eutherapeutic. However, few would dare to treat themselves using Kochebi water, sanitary state of which, frankly, is alarming.
But local residents well remember inspiring speech of the president during the pre-election period. On the eve of the parliamentary election, Mikheil Saakashvili and majority deputy of Dedoplistskarsky district Zaza Kedelashvili provided megabuck presentation of the project for the rehabilitation of Kochebi Lake.
"On the map of Georgia there will soon appear an excellent new resort with excellent views, and this place is here - in Dedoplistskaro," Mikheil Saakashvili said this at the launch of the project.
At the carefully prepared presentation there were shown even banners and layouts. Judging by the layout, in the area adjacent to the lake there were to appear a cafe, beach and sports area, consisting of mini football, basketball and volleyball playgrounds. They also planned to install fitness equipment, locker rooms and showers. There was designed a children's park, where children and their parents could spend time. The project also included a 12-bedded hostel for foreigners.
And according to the gamgebeli of the Dedoplistsky district, such a project does not exist. Recently it became known that the prosecution has has paid attention to this "invisible project." Plan to rehabilitate the Kochebi Lake, announced by the president, was to be completed in May this year, but they have only delivered there several window frames and doors, while, according to the investigation, 50,000 GEL were already spent on the project.