- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 2015-05-29 11:26
- Stocks Began Falling Right At This Time Of The Year Just Prior To The Last Financial Crisis 2015-05-29 00:32
- Rand Paul: ‘Disingenuous’ Obama Can Stop NSA Spying Any Time He Wants 2015-05-26 22:11
- Wealthy Installing “Safe Rooms” to Prepare for Civil Unrest? 2015-05-26 21:34
- Obama Usurps Local Police With Fake “Ban” on Militarization 2015-05-26 21:28
- RIP: Over 100 newspapers dumped in year, ads down 50%, circulation hits bottom 2015-05-26 01:36
Georgian prisons purified from criminals2013-04-29 17:16
Employees of the Rustavi prison No 16 having come to work this morning found the door locked. The people inside refused to let them in telling that the building was allegedly under the repair work. This outraged the prison staff. They demanded a meeting with the Minister Sozar Subari and Ombudsman Ucha Nanuashvili.
Prison staff says everything happened without their knowledge. Nobody has told them the building renovation began. "We had no documentation or any other papers," they say. According to the staff, in the building there are employees of the prison No 12, and there is no repairs, planned or unplanned.
However, speaking to the GeorgiaTimes the head of the press service of the Ministry of Corrections Irakli Kordzaia confirmed that the building of the Rustavi prison was being under planned repair works, so the very building was closed for a period of 2 to 3 months.
- Mr. Kordzaia, in the Ministry's statement refers to two reasons for the suspension of the institution: the investigation and the repairs. So which is the main reason for closing the Rustavi prison?
- Prison No 16 is closed due to renovations.
- Is there any reason for the prison staff to concern?
- No, there's no reason to worry or hold a protest. They will receive salary till the end of repair work.
- Then why are they protesting, or rather, against which are they protesting?
- Maybe the matter is in individual employees who are inciting the others, those who have reason for concern.
- Does this mean that not all the 80 employees can come back to work?
- I cannot say for sure. The investigation is underway. Some of the prison officers were involved in crimes against prisoners. Naturally, those who were involved in such will be fired.
- We already know the names of the dismissed employees, I mean inspectors of the security division Temur Korshia and George Dzhgarkava.
- This is not a new dismissal. These persons - former employees of the 16th prison - were removed from office a few months ago.